Friday 30 December 2016

Langanan Waterfall, Poring Hot Spring Ranau

My family was in town to visit the Door of Mercy of St. Peter Claver, Ranau so we stayed overnight at the Kompleks Sukan Ranau before heading home the next day. So I thought..ehm..why not go for a leisure hike to Langanan Waterfall, Ranau hotspring..seems like a marvelous idea at that time..with no proper preparation as we thought that this will be just a leisure walk..no lunch..no extra water..NO SOCKS..we headed to Ranau hotspring around 12pm thinking we could complete it by afternoon for lunch. We paid RM3/pax for entrance fee at the Poring hotspring entrance and follow the many signs available to head to the trail. On the way we passed through the butterfly farm and canopy walk. So it was just my brother, sister and myself..the trail was no leisure walk.. At that time I was not yet that fit and I had never been bitten by leeches..So 1.5km to the waterfall, 2 guys passed us while we were resting. One of them chatted with me and asked me how many leeches had I encounter..I remembered answering him "Leeches??" then he showed me the many leeches between his toes. That's when I realized that itchiness I feel earlier on at my leg was not normal. So I pulled up my pants to see my ankle and sure enough there was my first leech.



From that point onwards, we walked faster because it was leech frenzy..It was tiring and we were hungry but the moment we saw Langanan waterfall, the view took our away breath away. Literally the most gorgeous waterfall I had the pleasure to see. Our handphones were low in battery but we took photos until all 3 of us ran out of phone battery. Good thing that the waterfall is located at a tourist hotspot so we could go back anytime for a hike..The trail was close to 6KM in total and was really well maintained. We got back to the parking lot by 5pm and headed to the nearest KFC to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment