Friday 12 August 2016

Lugas Hill, Tambunan Sabah (Bukit Lugas)



Lugas Hill in Tambunan has caught my attention the other day, its unique features different from other hills have entice me to try and find it. My siblings and I were attending our cousin’s wedding in Tambunan in Mid July 2016 and early the next morning we went in search of this mysterious hill. Coincidentally, it was my young sis’s birthday so I suggest a celebration on a hill..which she was not so keen about *smug face* Back then , Lugas hill was not yet that famous, after going through facebook I was able to get a vague direction for the hill.. Someone in facebook was kind enough to upload a picture of the starting trail beside the roadside. So we just drove towards Apin-apin Keningau from Tambunan town until we found Kg Kitou using Waze, just after Kg. Kitou we scout a trail up-hill looking very similar to the facebook post I saw. Mind you the hill wasn’t that famous at that time..there were no cars parking beside the road and I wasn’t sure if we found it or was trespassing a stranger property. But we decided to just hike the trail and apologize to any villagers we’ll meet along the way if it was the wrong hill.  Well, we did bump into someone up the trail with a dog..the dog was barking madly but the guy just smiled. I asked if this was the infamous hill and he told me that it was but we had already passed the trail towards the famous peak. He mentioned that he made a signage with water bottles so we thanked him and head towards the real trail.




The hike up was not that far, roughly 15-20mins or so..But the morning cold air was like a slap to the face. When we finally reach the first peak..we can already see the breathtaking view and the mind blowing steepness of the peaks. At one point from peak 2 to peak 3, it seems that only one person can make their way to the next peak. My big sis would not budge from the first peak so only 3 of us daredevils continued to peak no.2. By this time we saw a group of 4 girls has just arrived. From afar I can clearly see that they were themselves thinking of crossing the peak. When we finally got to peak 3 which was the goal, we saw 2 of the girls made their way across. We took a lot of photos while waiting for them to get to Peak 3. Once they arrived, friendly chatters were exchanged before we make our way back..It seems that 2 of their team mates would not budged from the first peak as well so at least my big sis have some company while we took our sweet time. But I could feel invisible daggers from afar aimed at myself so we hurried back to a not-so-happy sister. I announced a hearty breakfast in Tambunan town as peace offering and all was forgiven..




No comments:

Post a Comment